How to Prevent Conveyor Chain Wear Due to Improper Operation?
Conveyor chain has accurate transmission ratio, compact structure, and can work in high temperature and dusty environment. However, many things need to be paid attention to in the process of using and cleaning the conveyor chain to prevent the chain from wearing due to improper operation. The followings are five precautions for using conveyor chains.
1. During the use of the conveyor chain, if there is any abrasion and various abnormal phenomena during the operation of the conveyor chain, it must be stopped immediately and reported for repair in time to avoid major accidents. Non-professional maintenance personnel or without the permission of professional maintenance personnel can not repair by themselves.
2. Do not directly soak the conveyor chain in strong acid and strong alkaline cleaning agents such as diesel, gasoline, kerosene, WD-40, degreasing agent, because the inner ring bearing of the chain is filled with high-viscosity oil. After being washed off, it will make the inner ring dry, no matter how much low-viscosity chain oil is added afterward, it will not help.
3. Use hot soapy water or hand sanitizer to clean the conveyor chain. Take a discarded toothbrush or a slightly harder brush and wash it directly with water, but the cleaning effect is not very good, and it needs to be wiped dry after cleaning, otherwise, it will rust. It is best to use a special chain cleaner. The cleaning effect is good, and the lubrication effect is also very good.
4. You can also use metal powder to clean the conveyor chain. Find a larger container, take a spoon and rinse with boiling water, remove the conveyor chain and place it in the water to clean it with a harder brush. This can easily clean the oil stains on the chain, and generally will not clean the butter in the inner ring, which is not irritating. However, after the chain is cleaned, it must be wiped or dried, which takes a long time.
5. When the machine is stored for a long time, the conveyor chain should be removed and cleaned with kerosene or diesel, and then coated with oil or butter and stored in a dry place to prevent corrosion. The conveyor chain should be filled with lubricating oil in time during work, and the lubricating oil must enter the matching gap between the roller and the inner sleeve to improve working conditions and reduce wear.
The conveyor chain is easy to be damaged after long-term use, so regular inspections should be done so that the failure of the chain can be found in time for repair or replacement, so as to avoid greater failure. If you want to know more about the conveyor chain after reading the above content, you can get professional solutions by contacting us. At the same time, the conveyor chains we produce are of various types and excellent quality, which can be used in various equipment according to the purpose.
As a professional quality chain supplier, we have an experienced design and production team. We have a professional production team and a strict quality inspection system, which can control the quality of our products in an all-round way. We can also provide thoughtful one-stop service and effective solution technology according to the diverse needs of customers. If you want to buy our high-quality conveyor chain, please contact us immediately!